Monday, March 24, 2014

sunburns already?

CR Day 2 y'all. 
And yes, we're going to bed looking like lobsters after only a few hours outside. 
WHO FAILED TO MENTION THE 99 DEGREES AND HUMIDITY THING? 
Oh yeah, that was my bad, checking the forecast for San José instead of Quepos. 
But we've truly had a blast already despite the sweatiness. 

[disclaimer: I don't have time to edit these, and I'm writing this on my phone half-asleep...so don't hate] 



First stop: CROCODILES. For realz. 
They were gigantic, the pic doesn't do it justice. I suddenly questioned my comfortable existence with the thought of falling in those waters. Yikes. 


After 22 hours of flying and driving (including the croc pitstop) we FREAKIN FINALLY got to our jungle abode. Except: reality check. You're in a sweatshirt and sweats from the cold plane ride and it's 99 and H U M I D. But we survived, and immediately marveled at the diversity of vegetation. It's all so gorgeous. 


We waded in the hotel pool while my dad checked us in to the jungle house, aka Casa Sarita! 


Love at first sight. 

It's surrounded by these gorg Tarzan trees, monkeys, purple flowers, a beautiful mid-sized pool, and AIR CONDITIONING inside. Hallelujah. #itsthelittlethings 


It's clear we'll be doing a lot of walking which is major déjà vu of G-mala, and I love taking it all in.


Then we waited to catch a bus to....


Paradise. 


Oh man. Salty hair and sun on my face never felt so good. 


It doesn't look NEARLY as good as it tasted. Coco snow come, made by a native snow-come maker who's been going strong with his little traveling cart business for 26 years. Wow. I love watching my parents meet cool people and mentally translating their conversations. Ha. I need to get my español into gear here. 


CANNOT get enough of the ocean. We had a blast with Anna's waterproof camera case. She is so skilled and I'm all like "which button is it???" 


Dinner was arroz con chuleta (pork), frijoles, ensaladas y bebidas de MANGO. Best thing ever. 


We sweat so much it's disgusting. The humidity is out of this world..but we're adapting! 


Lazy time in the pool looking up at a canopy of Tarzan trees. Literally so cool. 


And more underwater camera biz.


#costaricalovin 


No comments:

Post a Comment