Thursday, March 13, 2014

cherry lane

One time, while getting my blood drawn or license or something like that (I can't remember...), the lady asked for my address. And when I said "Cherry Lane", she literally laughed out loud and looked at me like "seriously?" She said it sounded like a fairytale name and thought I was joking.

HA.

And then I realized, 

..it is a fairytale name. 

and goes perfectly with this beautiful fairytale street I call home. 



Blossoms are blooming and my heart is happy this week. 
You know what's great about Cherry? 
It stretches from a quiet cul-de-sac, through a busy intersection, past a quaint little park, up through a string of houses including mine, then onwards and upwards along a grand space of fields, the "creepy place" (a popular picnic spot, complete with abandoned carseats and unidentified bones), and then ends with a horse pasture and majestic peaks for a backdrop. 

It's long and winding, perfect for my "pretend I'm in a music video watching the scenery fly by while blasting One Republic" moments. 


Anna lives at the top of cherry lane (ish) so I make that drive quite often. My favorite part is coming down, and seeing the whole expanse of the valley. This is the view from my back porch, just a taste of the magic. 

But Spring isn't the only Cherry Lane prime time.

Just wait until the Christmas season...



...to see THIS. The Gebhardt house.  
According to my just-now calculation, I've been to this house approximately 327 times.  
No joke. 
52 weeks in a year, that means 50 piano lessons give or take, times 5 years, not even counting all the sleepovers, pool parties, and hang out seshes. 
Long story short, it's basically home. 
[and for some reason, I always knock. I have no idea why]

So this December, you better make a stop to this music/lights extravaganza.

But for reals, it's like huge. I'm talking lines for miles to see it. 

So come.

But the BEST part about Cherry Lane? 

Why, MEG of course. 
[and R&S, which is conveniently within walking (or scootering) distance]  
This year has been extra fun because I get to pick-up/drop off this spunky girl quite frequently. It's a windows down, music blasting, hair flying, dance party.  
complete with froyo, duh. 
..and weird stares from neighboring cars. 

If you've ever wondered how that little East Medford yogurt shop stays in business...
Yeah. That's us. 

E'ryday. 

In short, I love my beautiful Cherry Lane. And the bffs that live on it. 

It's home.


No comments:

Post a Comment