Sunday, March 23, 2014

a dose of nostalgia

Some major deja vú happening tonight. 
9 months ago, I had a night similar to this one, staying up way too late double checking my packing list and picturing what the next day will bring.
That's the thrilling part of traveling; you get to be vulnerable, put yourself in a place you've never been that's different from everything you know, and embrace the adventure.
i love traveling. 
I'm grateful for parents who love exploring Spanish cultures and are willing to bring us kiddos along for the ride. 

Our CR journey, in some ways, will mirror our G-mala adventure, so here's a dose of nostalgia. 

Red eye flights 12am-5am. Disadvantage: feels like death. Advantage: sunrise.




Hoppin' off the plane at LAX. 



trudging through airports with our party of 7. This time I'll have Anna to keep me sane.



descending into foreign cities that are about to become not-so foreign. 



rad walls. 



perspective.




be still my heart. 



hiking.



ricky photo bombs. 



markets. 




cobblestone. 



volcanoes.



hot springs. 

mountains.  


service. 



[my cargo capris and tevas still have paint stains, and i can't bring myself to scrub it off.]



bananas.



demon creatures. 




having our minds blown. 



taking it all in.



fog. 



climbing.



and then more of what CR will probably look like..





No 8 hour LAX layover this time, but I think we will have plenty of beach time. 


bring it on CR.



No comments:

Post a Comment