Sunday, March 2, 2014

pineapples & ponderings

Last Sunday came BEAUTIFUL weather and this pineapple lookin lonely in the fruit bowl so the sister and I had a little playtime. 
[I was like YES IT'S PINEAPPLE SEASON and my mom's like "pineapples are always in season"....oh]



I had been thinking a lot about my seminary teacher and his family.  He lost his dad suddenly due to a stroke and left for a tough week with his family up in Washington. So we all wrote on a huge card and gave them a heart attack with flowers! I just love them. [and these awesome girlfriends]
ps. yes the camera was balancing on their trashcan on timer...#thethingswedoforpictures



For some reason my dad thought a picture was necessary at our Sunday seminary council mtg.
But I'll take this opportunity to say how much I love these people. Maybe I'm biased, but I truly feel that the youth in the Medford OR stake are something else. They are SO faithful, fun, supportive, thoughtful, and the list goes on. Most in this picture go to North but when we reunite for these meetings, it's always a good time. Love them! [also missing Jason, Branden, and Tierza] 



I LOVE this quote. It just hit me really hard this week. I KNOW that blessings come to those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ. "believe in good things to come".  I'm at that time in my life that I'm alone (romantically speaking), I'm on the brink of mission age, college, new friends and pursuits. Although I may feel alone, discouraged, stressed, or overwhelmed during this last year, good things are on the way. I'm putting my trust in God. 



My attention span in Gov this week was.....zilch. We have this substitute who is way behind schedule as far as pacing goes, so I've already learned the chapters we're working on...hence, selfie time. #sittinginthebackofclassadvantages



AND packing list time. yessss.



Ricky's love note to me. 
Other Ricky quotes from this weekend: 
"You're gonna have your own kids and you can torture them all you want, but not me."
[said while I was laying on his bed. apparently that's his pet peev]
...when I refused to get off, he said:
"I'm gonna call mom"
Me: "Oh yeah? I'm gonna call the police."
Him: "I'm gonna call the president."
Me: "I'm gonna call the president of the WORLD."
Him: "I'm gonna call Jesus."
Okay he wins. 



BFFs are good for 2 things in life.
1) being awesome.
2) taking an eternity of selfies on your phone that you get to spend an hour deleting ;)



This was just not my week for school. This may sound completely cocky, but I'm just not challenged enough this year. I'm over high school. I've loved it, it's been a great ride, I've learned a lot, had some great teachers, but I'm done. Truly DONE. Teaching myself is more efficient than listening in class these days. I just can't handle the slow pacing anymore. BYU hurry up plz ;)



Sassy selfies.



What were bathroom mirrors made for anyway?



Shoutout to the padre for turning 41 this week! I love that daddio of mine oh so much.
SO much in fact, that I got him customized m&m's to go along with the 73 other chocolate-related gifts he received. #biggestchocolateaddict 



Wait, you don't have sibling basketball tournaments in your pj's on sunday mornings?
oh. that's just us. 



First #OOTD: hippie edition. [at least, that's what my mom commented]
#freespirit what can I say? (joke.) 



this flower headband could be the single best forev21 purchase of my life. I wear it every day, literally.



The sis was NOT happy that I made her wear that gold headband, claiming it was too "glittery." #tomboy phase



And check out this stud, rocking his talk in Primary today. I felt like a proud momma.
oh wait, I am. 

Day 4 conquered with mommy duties, and it's actually been kind of fun.
[not that I've really done much, Seth cooks every meal, and I just delegate all the chores...]
Heck, I could do this all year!

probably just jinxed myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment