Friday, February 14, 2014

lessons learned

I haven’t been to school in 9 consecutive days. 
and I. am. exhausted.
Exhausted from the tension, the frustration, the disappointment. 
Exhausted with this divisive issue that is damaging our community and threatening our most important foundation, education.

Medford Teachers Strike 2014. 
My fellow AP studiers and I were featured by News 10 HERE
That night, I couldn't sleep, so I wrote a letter to the editor...we'll see if it actually gets published. 
For now, all of the political fire and emotional energy within me has drained. 

So a Thursday morning outing with 2 beautiful gals helped me press “re-fresh”.
They taught me a valuable lesson, just in time for the day of love.

DON’T HATE, MEDITATE.


And that's exactly what we did. 



along with some brick walls. and perfect ledges for modeling? score. 



a downtown mural that had costa rica written all over it.  ps. 37 days.
but who's counting? 



i'm telling you, it was a life risking endeavor to climb up there. 



but worth it. 



and why are we so hot? 



hey babe. wanna take a romantic walk down this foggy train track? 



talk about some hairy manes. thank you fog. 



the cover of our next album. 



and laughing laughing laughing.   



plus hair that goes on for days.



"why is everyone staring?"



emily having second thoughts ;)



i have no idea how you take a picture mid-splash. but those two are photographic geniuses. 



oh hey. i'm learning something while my teachers are out on the sidewalk. 



okay sorry. done with strike references. 



love is caramel hot chocolate on a foggy day. 



love is bffs who don't even have to plan to match. 

it's warm bookstores,



chinese lanterns, and one of the sweetest girls i know. 



it's jumping in front of flower shops. 



and doing "the signature" on the endless tracks. 




it's more meditation. 



and seriously why is everyone staring. this is completely normal. 



Lesson learned this week:

Trials, frustration, contention, and disagreement are all a part of life. But when we are "patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that we may show forth good examples", our Heavenly Father promises to "make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls." 
Alma 17:11, LDS Book of Mormon 

I want to be bold; in my political opinions, but most importantly in the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
My first name literally means "Christ-like". 
I hope I can strive to live up to that name.  


No comments:

Post a Comment