Thursday, March 5, 2015

one year ago


Do you ever go back and see what you were doing a year ago? 
K maybe that's just me. 
But really, it's cool to look back on where I was 365 days ago; what I wrote about, what I was wearing (wardrobe really hasn't changed), the things that stressed me out, and what I was looking forward to. 

March 5, 2014:
I wrote about Christ's grace after a bike ride up Roxyann peak.
I had a piano recital for my students.
I had just been accepted to BYU.
I was anxiously awaiting scholarship notifications.
I still had some of the same trials/weaknesses. 
I wore that floral scarf basically every day.
And I was counting down to spring break in Costa Rica with my best friend. 

Life was good. 
Not perfect, but good. 

Now 365 days later, March 5, 2015
I'm 80% through my freshman year of college (that's 26 weeks. wowza)
I'm kind of burned out of ballet.
I have my mission call to Perú.
I write about my testimony more often. 
I'm obsessed with Jamba Juice.
I have regrets sometimes over things that didn't work out as I pictured. 
I have way more confidence in academia this semester. 
I have some close friends going through some hard things. 
I still love mountains, pump-up running playlists, and floral scarves. 
And I'm counting down to going home in April and my mission in June. 

Life is still really, really good. 

I'm definitely different than I was a year ago.
In one year I graduated high school, performed with Studio Roxander for the last time, went to 2 countries, biked the rim of Crater Lake, summitted peaks, went on adventures with family, auditioned and made Ballet Showcase, started college, made new friends, and got my mission call.  

One year, people. 

A lot can happen. 

And on March 5, 2016:
I'll be halfway through my journey as Hermana Parks in the northwestern corner of Perú. 

Life will be good. 
Probably more so than I can imagine.

And through it all, I hope this will always be my mantra: 

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination. For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one." 








No comments:

Post a Comment