Sunday, April 5, 2015

easter week / sunday



Here's an excerpt from my testimony that I wrote on Easter Sunday 2013: 

I can’t imagine the sense of hopelessness and fear that must have been felt following Christ's death.  When Mary Magdalene went to the sepulchre that third day, I think she sought a place of refuge. She sought a holy place to remember her Master and Friend and escape the sorrow and chaos rampant around her.  When she arrived at the tomb she found it empty. Someone had taken her Lord. As she wept a heavenly messenger appeared and said: “Fear not ye; for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen; Go quickly and tell.”  As I pondered these words, I had the thought; we are as Mary Magdalene.  We are surrounded by tragedy and trial. We are a fallen people overcome by weakness. Innately, we are lost. Each of us seek a holy place. We find that sanctuary in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we encounter the same, sweet message:
He is Risen.

            I Know that My Redeemer Lives.  
As the lyrics of this beloved hymn state, “what comfort this sweet sentence gives”.  
This is the comfort we seek. Having the knowledge that He lives provides the peace, purpose, and direction that we need in this life. 
The second part of that message from the angel is perhaps just as divinely important.
Go quickly and tell.
            Mary was asked to carry this glorious news to the disciples and all she met.  Christ extended the same call to the apostle Peter as Elder Holland expounds: “I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do.”


I want to strive each day to follow my Savior more perfectly and completely. This weekend the inspired messages of General Conference rejuvenated me spiritually and emotionally. Being in the same room as prophets and apostles is an experience I never want to forget. In two months, I will echo their testimonies as I proclaim my own in Perú, sharing the truth that He lives. It will be the most sacred calling I have ever received.  I want to lose myself in the work. His work

Lastly, I want to share this video that I've watched several times this week. Its message is plain and simple but it has resonated with me so deeply.
Here are some of the words:

He is not here
He is risen
He lives
And because He lives
If you reach out
Call out
Cry out
He is here
Then
Now
Always
He is here
During the good
The bad
The in-between
He is here
No matter who you are
or who you were
He is here
No exceptions
No lost causes
at all times 
in all places
He is here
He rose on the 3rd day
He lives today
Find him
#BecauseHelives





No comments:

Post a Comment