Sunday, April 23, 2017

And then finals became a thing


The Sabbath Day has never come at a more opportune moment. 
Yesterday I spent my Saturday in the library for 9.5 hours straight before my Art History final. I literally saw the sun for 2.5 seconds on my walk from the library to the building where my test was. 
HOLY COW. Finals have been so hard this year. 
Here are some of my survival tactics.
1. instead of calling them study groups, make it a study PARTY, bake brownies, look up "student problems" memes during flashcard intervals, and always invite Tyler and Dallin. 
2. when you're outside, look up! There is so much peace and assurance contained in the clouds and spring blossoms (and on a lucky day, a hot air balloon!)
3. Breathe. Remember the eternal perspective. And enjoy the process.

While talking to one of my friends about our imminent Accounting final he said "I'm looking forward to it!" And that wasn't even sarcasm. He taught me the value of positivity. 

There is always something to:
be grateful for.
smile about.
laugh over.
and share. 












No comments:

Post a Comment