Friday, September 1, 2017

August for the books!


Holy moly. I feel like my heart has expanded 10x this summer. 
First off, what could be better than seeing Elder Parks every single day before he left for San Antonio???



Definitely pushed the rules and spent lunch with him on his last day! 



Temple trips with my favorites!


It's incredible what you find on social media that was completely intended for you, personally.




Sweet grandma Decker! Such an incredible example to me. 


Krystina's wedding!


Aka excuse to get the 2nd cousins together!


Five Brothers Sushi with Allie & Amanda.


Oh man, my heart aches looking back on this picture. I miss these missionaries so deeply!!! 
They left for Panama, Orlando, and Guatemala the second week of August!


Love my Elders!


In other news... a peek at what my entire body looked like for an entire week.. thanks Poison Oak!


There are few moments when my soul feels complete -- this is one of them. 
Me, a grand piano, and complete solitude.


Maren & Ryan are #goals.



ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST. 
We love our Mandy!!!



Appreciating the small details of summer.



I was humbled to receive a new calling for this upcoming semester and these words spoke to my heart that Sunday as I thought about what's ahead.


Lol, rookie mistakes. Showed up to work in sandals. #fail


Sprinted home to change!


Last day with my Panama missionaries!



Ok this note was the absolute sweetest. 
Never let a kind word go unspoken.
2 Elders from a different district who I've worked with wrote this on the board in our classroom when I wasn't there. They were some of the most diligent and humble elders I've ever met. 
One day I saw them in the computer lab studying Spanish. As I walked past, the Spirit stopped me in my tracks and told me to go back. 
Never let a kind word go unspoken. 
I had to tell them how awesome they are and how proud I was of their hard work! 
I don't know if they'll remember that, but I'll sure remember them. 
I thank Heavenly Father every day for my job, which I would do for free any day. 





Best mail I've received since my mission call! I'm headed to Jerusalem for Winter Semester!! 


Yay! I love running into Medford friends. Elder Allen and...


Hermana Grether!

These young people are such examples to me.


BYU vs. Portland State -- first game of the season!!


Love my Amber. 


And the most special reunion with Daniel & Yanina. Loved seeing them so happy and preparing for their sweet babe to arrive! 


Monday afternoon hikes with this crew!


Bridal Veil Falls (after getting lost and not being able to find our real destination) lol. siempre. 
If you didn't get lost did you even go?


Definitely decided to take a dance class last minute. It's been 2 1/2 years since I was in a dance studio. We'll see how this goes... haha.


More social media gems. #sharegoodness


This picture makes me sooooo excited for Jerusalem.


Hurricane Harvey has been so devastating. But Elder Parks is seeing so many miracles through service! 




I live in dresses and skirts. 


Midnight temple run with...


MY BEST FRIEND WHO FINALLY LIVES WITH ME AFTER 3 YEARS APART.


Life is oh so good. 
I have loved this summer. I was hiking Monday with friends and we were talking about highlights of the summer... I literally said my highlight was working. Obviously there have been some fun outdoors and out-of-town adventures, but my favorite has been going to the MTC everyday and being spiritually stretched and FILLED with love for those incredible missionaries.
I love them so much.
I currently have 10 Elders, all going to Bolivia. Since day 1 they have taught me so much through their humility and diligence. 
Each class, I feel my heart expanding more and more. 

I feel so blessed.
Here's to August in the books and exciting things ahead!

Next stop: Yellowstone.








No comments:

Post a Comment