Wednesday, January 29, 2014

so this is love


sometimes I literally can't breathe. 
when I moved to oregon eight years ago, I cried every night for months. 
I swore I'd never let go of my nebraska corn fields.
man was I wrong.
 one summer day I crested my first oregon peak, looked around, and
 literally. couldn't. breathe.
like my lungs inflated from the sheer, infinite beauty of what laid before my eyes. 
so this is love. 
it's a dangerous love, kind of problematic actually... you see, it's an addiction.
I climb mountains, watch orchard sunsets, taste rain on my face and wind at my feet, and I 
still. can't. get. enough. 
a million seasonal collages just wouldn't encapsulate my love.
it's a love for something created by a perfect, omnipotent hand. 
created for me
so that I can experience life in more abundance; a beautiful, breathtaking, incredible life. 
thank you, heavenly father. 
next time I can't breathe, I'll think of you. 
so this is love.   




No comments:

Post a Comment