Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Red Sea, Bethlehem, & Jewish Quarter


It's 12:15am on Monday morning. I haven't started packing for Galilee. We leave in a few hours... 
So here are the highlights of this week super-speed:

- Went snorkeling in the Red Sea and touched jellyfish!
- Sat in a shepherd's field near Bethlehem and sang Christmas songs
- Touched the spot where traditionally they believe Christ was born
- Bought the cutest baby blanket made by a Bethlehem branch member for my future babies!
- Worked on my farmer's tan during field trips
- Tasted my first burger in Israel complete w/ goat cheese & pesto - 10/10 would recommend.
- Listened to a mass in SPANISH at the Church of All Nations! 
- Witnessed my first Jewish Bar Mitzvah
- Sang the most beautiful piece in church "Each Cooing Dove" with choir
- Almost pulled an all-nighter the night before our ANE midterm
- Studied scriptures on the Atonement in the Garden of Gethsemane
- Spent 4 hours in the Israel Museum knocking out 240 items on our list
- Didn't eat gelato once (a travesty, really)
- & fell in love all over again with this beautiful place!



















I'll never forget what I felt at the "Catholic Shepherd's Field" outside of Bethlehem. Inside a small, beautiful domed church we sang "Joy to the World" with other Christian pilgrims. I felt so much joy and peace as we sang together. 

















I LOVE THESE PEOPLE.





Museum fatigue pictured above. 


I am terrified by how fast time is flying here... absolutely terrifiedSo for now, I'm trying to soak up every moment.
Galilee, we're comin' for ya! 



No comments:

Post a Comment